Part-Time Water Safety Instructor
Hours: Weekday & Weekend Hours (Morning, Afternoon, & Evening)
Whitin Community Center
When you consider a career at the Whitin Community Center, know that you will be joining a team that is passionate about providing exceptional experiences for people in our community.
Water Safety Instructor
As a Water Safety Instructor of the Whitin Community Center, you will be entrusted with the responsibility of the safety and instruction to all participants in our Red Cross Swim Lessons. We are looking for someone who is energetic, creative, and passionate about working with people of all ages. We are looking for someone who is excited to make a difference every day in the lives of our swimming community.
- Water Safety Instructors (WSI) are responsible for teaching various American Red Cross Instructional Swim Programs at the Whitin Community Center.
- Maintain discipline and general safety practices to all that are in the pool area while on duty.
- Maintain course records in accordance with the Red Cross Classes he/she teaches.
- Responsible for Swim Instructor duties for programs that fall within his/her schedule.
- Must be 16 years old or older.
- Must hold current Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Certification. (WCC will train if Lifeguard Certified)
- Must hold current Lifeguarding Certification.
Interested applicants should complete our Application for Employment and submit it along with your resume and references to Denise Foster, Aquatic Director, at Denise.Foster@OurGym.org. For more information please call Denise at 508.234.8184 ext 116. Click here for online fillable Application Of Employment form.
An application of employment must be completed in order to be considered for the position. Resumes must be accompanied by a completed application or they will not be accepted. Thank you.