Rockdale Youth Center Group Leader Assistant
- Benefit includes: FREE WCC Membership
The Group Leader Assistant in Rockdale Youth Center is responsible for working with the Group Leader to ensure our school aged outreach program aids a child in their academic, social, emotional, cognitive and physical growth. Primary duties for a Part-Time Youth Outreach Assistant Group Leader include, but not limited to:
- Maintain constant visual/auditory supervision of children, indoors and out
- Document and communicate, to the RYC Administrator or Site Coordinator, any observed situations or concerns for children and staff.
- Complete bi-monthly staff observations for all group leader assistants in your room
- Complete Progress Reports in timely manner as mandated by EEC
- Provide child guidance and behavior management according to the center’s policies and procedures
- Coordinate and participate in regular curriculum planning, implementation, reflection and evaluation
- Participate in preparation of materials, record keeping and other essential tasks
- Meet with parents on a periodic basis
- Assure that the program meets the needs of the individual child and is responsive to the cultural and socio-economical background of the children and families
- EEC Group Leader Assistant requirements
- Meet EEC requirements of CPR, First Aid, CORI, SORI, and Fingerprinting and a physical
- Physical, mental and emotional ability to accomplish the job, including evacuating the building, with or without corrective devices and accommodations, including the ability to read and write, to hear the conversational voice, to speak and be understood and the ability to lift and carry children and other items weighing up to 50 pounds in an emergency
- Meet EEC requirements for professional development hours completed each year and enter them into the PQ Registry under the appropriate Core Competency. This must include the minimum requirement for Diverse Learners
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word and email
- Strong customer service, administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills including: written and interpersonal
Interested applicants please submit an employment application/resume and references to Jennifer Castro, Assistant Outreach Director at Jennifer.Castro@OurGym.org. For more information please call Jennifer at 508.234.8184 ext. 128.
An application of employment must be completed in order to be considered for the position. Resumes must be accompanied by a completed application or they will not be accepted. Thank you.