Locker Rooms & Outdoor Aerobic Classes Are Opening April 26th!
- Men’s Locker Rooms 50% capacity is 18, and must not exceed this number
- Women’s Locker Rooms 50% capacity is 20, and must not exceed this number
NOTE: Please understand that the Saunas in both the Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms will remain closed until further notice. Social distancing signs and capacity limits have been posted, and cleaning supplies are available for your health and safety.
Outdoor Aerobic Classes
For complete information, Locker Room Hours, Policies & more, please click the button!
Increased WCC Capacity Limits Beginning March 29th!
Dear WCC Community,
We are excited to announce that Governor Baker has moved forward to Phase 4, Step 1 of the Massachusetts Reopening Plan. In this new phase, businesses like the Whitin Community Center are no longer required to adhere to a minimum of 14ft social distancing in fitness centers and aerobic classes, but instead maintain the standard 6ft social distancing. Beginning Monday, March 29th at 5:00am, this will allow for increased capacity limits for a variety of our programs:
Spin – Maximum Cap, 9
Aerobics Studio – Maximum Cap, 10
Fitness Center – Maximum Cap, 12
Aerobics in Gym – Maximum Cap, 20
Open Recreational Gym – Maximum Cap, 20
The WCC will begin offering outdoor classes in Whitin Park on April 26th, weather permitting. Stay tuned for more information!
Also, on April 26th, we are now able to open both locker rooms at 50% capacity. More details will follow about how we will maintain this limit. Saunas are still not permitted to reopen.
Roller skating will also make a triumphant return in this phase beginning Friday, April 9th from 5:45- 6:45pm. You must pre-register for this program. As a result of this addition to our schedule, our Open Recreation Gym time on Friday evenings will move to 7:00-8:00pm. Members can sign up in Supersaas 48 hours in advance and guests may contact our Member Services Desk 24 hours in advance for both programs.
Roller Skating in Gym – Maximum Cap, 50
Open Recreational Gym – Maximum Cap, 20
The WCC will continue to make every effort to do our part to keep our community safe, as we care deeply about each and every one of you. Please remember to do your part by staying home if you are sick, maintaining 6ft physical distance, and wearing your mask at all times. Thank you for your understanding, and we appreciate your continued support of the Whitin Community Center!
Effective Sunday - NEW Mask Notice
In light of recent mandated COVID-19 guidance and restrictions in Massachusetts, the WCC would like to clarify the mask policy dependant on location and activity.
All persons in Massachusetts over the age of 5 years old are required to wear a mask or cloth face covering over their mouth and nose, except when a person is unable to wear a mask or cloth face covering due to a documented medical or disabling condition. This includes to and from your vehicles & throughout the WCC except as noted below:
Competition & Original Pools and Balcony
• Masks must be worn on deck & transitioning to and from pools
• Masks are NOT recommended while swimming in pools
• Masks must be worn AT ALL TIMES in the Balcony
Gymnasium (Any program in Gymnasium)
• Masks must be worn to and from the gymnasium, and AT ALL TIMES in the gymnasium, including while engaged in a physical activity and when social distancing
• Masks must be worn to and from the Fitness Room, and AT ALL TIMES in the Fitness Room, including while engaged in a physical activity and when social distancing
Aerobics (Any Aerobics in Gymnasium, Aerobics Studio & Spin)
• Masks must be worn to and from any Aerobics class & Spin, and AT ALL TIMES during the class, including while engaged in a physical activity and when social distancing
Racquetball Court (Including Wally Ball)
• Masks must be worn to and from the Racquetball Court, and AT ALL TIMES in the Racquetball Court, including while engaged in a physical activity and when social distancing
For more information, please visit:
For any questions or concerns, please contact WCC Staff for assistance.
Thank you for your support of the Whitin Community Center
Daily Prescreening Tool
All Members, guests and customers must complete this form prior to coming to the WCC. You will only be required to complete this from once.
NOTICE: THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT. Read this document carefully and in entirety. By signing this agreement, you give up your right to bring a court action to recover compensation or obtain any other remedy for any personal injury or property damage however caused arising out of your participation in George Marston Whitin Memorial Community Association, Inc. (“WCC”) Activities and Programs, now or at any time in the future.
Reserve Your Space For Your Favorite Activities!
Creating Your Supersaas Account
- Log in to Supersaas using the email address you registered with us as the user name and your WCC Swipe Card Number (i.e. WCC48026) as your password.
- If you don’t have a WCC Swipe Card or do not know your swipe card number, you can call the Member Services Desk for assistance.
- Each customer must have their own email address. If you share an email address with someone else please contact Karen Boyle or a Member Services Representative with a different one for your partner.
- You will then be able to view the schedule of activities on your phone or desktop. It will be in a calendar format.
- Click on the date and activity you want to reserve. (Remember that you cannot reserve a slot more than 48 hours in advance.)
- A box will open with a description of the activity. Click on “New Reservation”.
- Type in your Full Name and phone#.
- Click “Create reservation”.
- You will receive an email confirmation.
- Your reservation is now stored in the database.
- If an activity is full, you will automatically be put on a Waitlist.
- If a slot opens up, your name will automatically be put on the activity list and you will receive an email.
- To cancel your reservation, click on the activity.
- Find your name.
- Click on “Edit” Feature to the right of your name.
- Delete your slot by choosing the Trash bin.
- You will receive an email confirming your cancellation.
- Moving forward you will receive emails for any cancelled or changed activities.
Some things you need to keep in mind:
- Each person must have their own email and login information. (You cannot sign up for more than one slot in a class using your login)
- Reservations may be made up to 48 hours in advance of the class and are reserved for Members only.
- Cancellations must be made up to 2 hours in advance. Failure to cancel in advance more than three times will result in Supersaas automatically suspending your login and you will not have online access to pre-register for activities.
- You may also call the Member Services Desk to reserve a slot. They will be able to register members who do not have access to the Supersaas program and they can add you to the online roster. Please keep in mind that you will still need an email address on file to be able to do this.
Mud Rooms & Day Lockers!
Are Now Available To Members & Guests
- Mud Room located in the Original Pool Hallway
- Mud Room located in the Competition Pool Hallway