NEW! Facility Changes Beginning May 29th!
Dear WCC Community,
We are excited to share our new policies in light of the Baker-Polito Administration announcements this week. The Commonwealth is on track to meet the goal of vaccinating 4.1 million residents by the first week of June and all remaining COVID-19 restrictions will be lifted effective May 29. In line with updated CDC face covering guidance, the Administration will also rescind the current face covering order and issue a new face covering advisory effective May 29.
As a result of these announcements, the WCC Administration has carefully considered how this effects our members, guests, staff, and community at large. As an organization that values community, we will continue to make every effort to do our part to keep our community safe, as we care deeply about each and every one of you, while opening up to full capacity. Please understand that the Blackstone Valley Children’s Place (BVCP) and Rockdale Youth Center (RYC) will continue to follow the required guidelines set forth by the Department of Early Education and Care, and Camp Whitin will follow required guidelines set forth by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health & Northbridge Board of Health.
Therefore, based on this new guidance, the following will take place beginning May 29th in all WCC indoor and outdoor spaces (with the exception of BVCP and RYC):
- Masks will no longer be required. Non-vaccinated individuals are advised to continue wearing face masks and to continue distancing in most settings. Fully vaccinated individuals no longer need to wear a face covering or social distance indoors or outdoors, except for BVCP, RYC, and Camp Whitin attendees and visitors. However, everyone is welcome to continue to wear masks as desired.
- Daily Health Screenings or COVID-19 Waivers are no longer required to enter
- One-way in/out traffic flow is no longer necessary
- Reduced capacity limits throughout the WCC have been lifted
- SuperSaaS reservations for Open Recreational Gym or Swim, Fitness Center or Rollerskating are no longer needed. All other daily programs and classes will continue to reserve their time in SuperSaaS. Locations and class size limits will be listed in SuperSaaS.
- Saunas will now open
- Bubblers will be available
- Everyone is welcome to sit in the Original Pool Balcony
- Parents are allowed on deck for Babies & Tots Classes
We will continue the following:
- All members must swipe in and out at the Member Services Desk. All guests must check-in at the Member Services Desk.
- High touch surfaces will be cleaned throughout the day
- Women’s & Men’s Locker Rooms and all bathrooms cleaned multiple times a day
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the building
- Use of our fogging machine nightly to clean the Fitness, Aerobics, Spin Rooms
- Use of glass partitions at the Fitness Center and Members Services Desk
- No access through the BVCP Lobby and Atrium to Competition Pool or Whitin Park
- Mud rooms throughout the building
Please note these guidelines are subject to change. The WCC will continue to follow the health & safety guidelines from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH), and Northbridge Board of Health for the prevention of COVID-19 and other illnesses moving forward.
For updated information please visit our website at www.WhitinCommunityCenter.com under COVID-19 Guidance & Reopening. We want to take the time to thank you for your understanding, patience and continued support over this past year as we navigated through the pandemic together. We look forward to brighter, happier days!
Heather Elster Executive Director
Mud Rooms & Day Lockers!
Are Now Available To Members & Guests
- Mud Room located in the Original Pool Hallway
- Mud Room located in the Competition Pool Hallway