Message From The Executive Director - WCC Update
Dear WCC Community,
We hope that each of you and your families are staying safe, healthy, and enjoying time together as a family. We wanted to provide you an update on what has occurred over the past 2 weeks at the WCC.
On March 16thwe closed the Fitness Side of WCC based on Governor Baker’s order about gathering spaces, including fitness centers, for the safety of members, guests, and staff.
On March 23rdwe closed our Childcare Side of BVCP based on Governor Baker’s order to close all childcare centers, for the safety of the children in our care, their families and staff.
On March 24that noon we closed our entire building based on Governor Baker’s order regarding non-essential businesses, for the safety of staff and their families.
From March 17th– March 24th, some of our staff took the opportunity to fully clean the WCC and RYC buildings beyond what we had already done prior to closing. This included:
- In lobby and vestibule area, thoroughly cleaned including all railings and doors, windows, and the chairs, with a steam cleaner
- In BVCP, thoroughly cleaned all the classrooms including all surfaces, bathrooms, chairs, tables, and toys – including toys in the Gymnasium, and steam cleaned rugs
- In Gymnasium, thoroughly cleaned roller skates, Aerobics closet – steam cleaned chairs, equipment, etc, ball room and equipment, under bleachers, basketball hoops, and cleaned and sanded bleachers
- In both pool areas, thoroughly cleaned all surfaces, chairs/bleachers, railings, all toys and equipment and power washed pool decks
- In Aerobics and Spin rooms, thoroughly cleaned all spin bikes and equipment
- In Fitness Room, thoroughly cleaned all fitness room equipment, cleaned under all fitness room equipment and steam cleaned rug
- In Locker Rooms, thoroughly cleaned all surfaces, benches, bathrooms, saunas, and power washed showers in men’s and women’s locker rooms
- At the RYC, thoroughly cleaned classrooms including all surfaces, bathrooms, chairs, and tables
From March 17th– March 24th, some of our staff did some painting projects at the WCC and RYC that were more challenging during our normal operating hours. This included:
- In Lobby and Vestibule, painted main stair railings, front inner doors, trim around doors and windows
- In BVCP, painted trim around all doorways, window trim in Room 3, bathroom in Room 2, and cabinets in the Multi-Purpose Room
- In Members Lounge, began prepping Men’s and Women’s Bathrooms on main level for painting
- In the Gymnasium, stained bleachers
- In Original Pool, painted window sills
- In between Original Pool and Competition Pool, painted back hallway including trim work, both stairwells to original pool balcony including railings and both entrances to locker rooms from hallway
Hopefully you have seen the pictures on our social media accounts of our amazing staff hard at work on these projects. We had more projects on our “WCC Honey Do” list but unfortunately, we could no longer work as a team in the building as a result of the Governor’s Order.
Currently, the Governor has stated that schools and childcare centers must remain closed until May 4th. He has not given a date for non-essential businesses or fitness centers. We will provide more information about possible reopening dates as more information becomes available. Thank you for your continued support and patience as we navigate this together.
Stay safe and healthy,
Heather Elster, Executive Director
Easter Sunday Closure
Please be advised that the Whitin Community Center will be closed on Sunday, April 12, 2020 in observance of Easter Sunday. Thank you for your understanding and Happy Easter!
Memorial Day Closure
Please be advised that the Whitin Community Center will be closed on Monday, May 25, 2020 in observance of Memorial Day. Thank you for you understanding and we wish you and your family a happy holiday!
Class Cancellation Policy For Inclement Weather
Aerobics/Aqua Aerobics/Spin/TRX/Barre Fusion
- Northbridge Public Schools – 1 hr delay, all classes before 9am will be cancelled.
- Northbridge Public Schools – 2 hr delay, all classes before 10am will be cancelled.
- Northbridge Public Schools – Closed, all classes before 12pm will be cancelled.
In case of inclement weather, please check our website or call the Member Services Desk for information about cancelled classes or Whitin Community Center closings. 508.234.8184 or www.WhitinCommunityCenter.com
In Case Of Inclement Weather
Check this website or call our Member Services Desk at 508.234.8184 for information about cancelled classes or Whitin Community Center closings.